Here are 100 examples that demonstrate the arrogance of the Obama Presidency:
1. Krauthammer: “Arrogance” Obama Is Showing Over Broken Obamacare Promise Is “Appalling” [RCP]
“What is shocking to me is the arrogance of the president who refuses to admit a plain truth. He did not say the truth. It could have been unwitting deception. It could have been a lie. But to stand there and pretend that, you know, other people haven’t quite understood his intent is just appalling.”
2. President Makes ‘Symbolic’ Enrollment in ObamaCare, Picks Least Expensive Plan [Fox]
The president waited until the last possible moment to symbolically sign up for healthcare, even though an executive action he took earlier in the year effectively exempted all lawmakers with subsidies.
3. Senior Official Says Obama Will Act Regardless of Congressional Authorization for Syria Strike [Fox News Insider]
A senior official said Obama would carry out a strike on Syria whether or not Congress authorized it.
4. Behold, the Creepy Obama Portrait That Puts America’s Greatest Presidents to Shame! [IJR]
The U.S. embassy in London unveiled portraits of Obama that overwhelmed even Washington’s & Lincoln’s.
5. Obama: ‘Israel Doesn’t Know What Its Best Interests Are’
“In a conference call… with a small group of journalists, Sen. Rand Paul said that President Obama was “arrogant and presumptuous” in saying in recent weeks that Israel “doesn’t know what its own best interests are.”
6. Wallace Grills Jack Lew: ‘Your History is Wrong,’ Obama’s Refusal to Negotiate ‘Unprecedented’ [Mediaite]
President Obama refused to negotiate on the debt ceiling. Fox News Chris Wallace told Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to his face what the history of such negotiations had been, and that Obama’s obstinance was “unprecedented.”
7. Official at Center of IRS Scandal Got Promotion, Now Runs ‘Obamacare’ Division [W. Times]
The Obama administration promoted the IRS official in charge of the tax exempt office that targeted conservative groups to head the IRS’ ObamaCare office. Paul Ryan called the move a sign of an “arrogance of power.”
8. Obama’s Arrogant Appointment [U.S News]
The Obama administration promoted Susan Rice from UN Secretary to National Security Adviser, even though she told a fairy tale to the American people about Benghazi being caused by a YouTube video.
9. President Obama Poses for Selfie at Nelson Mandela’s Memorial Service [ABC]
President Obama posed for a selfie with Denmark’s Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt and British Prime Minister David Cameron at Nelson Mandela’s funeral in Johannesburg, South Africa. Michelle Obama was not amused.
10. Obama Accuses GOP of Fabricating ‘Phony Scandals’ to Thwart Economic Plan [IJR]
The president called the IRS targeting scandal, Benghazi scandal, Fast & Furious, AP & Fox reporter spying scandal, NSA scandal and others “phony scandals” distracting Washington.
11. The Director of National Intelligence Lied to Congress About NSA Surveillance… [Slate]
NSA Chief Clapper lied to Congress about the NSA’s broad spectrum surveillance of the American people, including private information.
12. Susan Rice: NSA Officials Didn’t Lie, They ‘Inadvertently Made False Representations’ [Mediaite]
Even though James Clapper was busted for lying to Congress, NSA Adviser Susan Rice doubled down on the administration’s lying. No surprise there, once a liar, always a liar.
13. An Angry Obama Lashes Out After Gun Control Defeat [Time]
Obama implied those against gun control just want kids to die… or something. “I’ve heard some say that blocking this step would be a victory. And my question is, a victory for who?” Obama said. “All that happened today was the preservation of the loophole that lets dangerous criminals buy guns without a background check. That didn’t make our kids safer.”
14. Busted: Kerry Spent Fourth Of July On ‘Sun-Splashed Nantucket’ Amid Egypt Crisis [IJR]
“The State Department was caught lying about Kerry’s whereabouts and was forced to admit it. … A CBS News producer tweeted a photo of Kerry’s yacht, Isabel on Wednesday afternoon and said a colleague saw Kerry boarding it at the Nantucket Boat Basin. But the State Department said Kerry was not aboard his yacht Wednesday and had spent the day working the phones on Egypt…”
15. Jen Psaki – Obama’s Foreign Policy is Worth a Nobel Peace Prize [IJR]
“Do you think or is the administration confident that the steps — that the policy that you have pursued thus far in Egypt and also in Syria are worthy of a president who not so long ago won the Nobel Peace Prize?” Spokesperson Jennifer Psaki’s replied, “Yes, Matt.”
16. Obama Calls GOP Debt Ceiling Demands an Assault on US ‘Constitutional Structure’ [IJR]
“What I haven’t been willing to negotiate, and I will not negotiate, is on the debt ceiling,” Obama said in an exclusive interview on “This Week.” Right – and the Republicans are the obstinate ones holding up the works in Washington.
17. Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi Meltdown: What Difference Does It Make? [IJR]
“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night decided to go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make?”
18. Sebelius Has Time To Attend Gala; No Time To Meet With Congress On ObamaCare Mess [CNN]
Erin Burnett: “At this moment, we have just found out that this Health and Human Services secretary, I’m looking here at my BlackBerry actually, has the time to appear at the inaugural Kennedy forum gala, the night before, in Boston. So she’ll be in Boston at a gala but unable to testify on the ObamaCare rollout in Washington the next day.”
19. Obama Slams GOP For Gun-Control ‘Stunts’ – Flies in Newtown Families on Air Force 1 to Lobby Congress [IJR]
“Following a campaign-style gun-control rally in Connecticut, during which he referred to Republican plans to filibuster gun-control in the Senate as a ‘political stunt,’ Obama scooped up as many families of Newtown shooting victims as he could find and loaded them onto Air Force One for a trip to Washington D.C. – where they were expected to lobby lawmakers in an effort to help push Obama’s gun-control proposal through Congress.”
20. An Infantile Spectacle [Politico]
“President Barack Obama set a new standard Wednesday for stupidly exploitative White House events by appearing onstage with children to unveil his gun control proposals… News flash: Kids don’t want bad things to happen. This would be a genuinely useful insight … if we could write public policy in crayon.”
21. Obama: ‘I Have Bent Over Backwards To Work With Republicans’… [IJR]
One minute Barack Obama declares that he will not negotiate with Republican ‘extremists’ and ‘hostage takers’… The next minute, our president claims that he has ‘bent over backwards’ to work with Republicans.”
22. Stewart Tears Apart Obama: You Can’t Keep Saying You Found Out About News At The Same Time As Us! [Mediaite]
Obama pretended like he found out about a bunch of scandals on the news, causing even Jon Stewart to mock him.
23. Insane: Barack Obama’s Park Service OKs Amnesty Rally on Shut Down Capitol Hill [IJR]
“The Obama administration will allow ‘Camino Americano: March for Immigration Reform‘ to community organize on federal property, despite the 13% government shutdown…. About 30 members of Congress are expected to attend, including Democrats like Nancy Pelosi and Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey.” Conveniently, the park police arrested some Democrat lawmakers, instead of, you know, shutting the amnesty rally down to begin with.
24. Surprise! Bill to Reopen Government is Loaded with Billions of Dollars in Pork [IJR]
Obama somehow failed to go “line by line” to eliminate pork crammed into the Congressional deal that ended the debt ceiling hike – a move that he had blasted a “failure of leadership” in 2006.
25. Troops Forage for Food While Golfers Play On in Shutdown [IJR]
26. Team Obama Shuts Down DOJ Amber Alert Site; Leaves Up Michelle’s ‘Let’s Move!’ [IJR]
“While the selective shuttering of national parks and monuments continues, the government ‘shutdown’ has claimed another victim: The Justice Department’s Amber Alert website. Incidentally, Michelle Obama’s ‘Let’s Move!‘ website is still up.”
27. Obama: ‘I Won’t Pay Ransom In Exchange For Reopening The Government’
In keeping with the Democrat narrative that all political opposition is “terrorism” and “extremism,” Obama pretended like it was unprecedented to negotiate over the debt ceiling. “As I made clear to them this week, there’s only one way out of this reckless and damaging shutdown: pass a budget that funds our government, with no partisan strings attached. Take that vote. Stop this farce. End this shutdown now.”
28. Gov’t Tries to Close the OCEAN Due to Shutdown [IJR]
“Charter boat captains in Florida have been informed by the National Park Service that the Florida Bay is closed due to the government shutdown.”
29. Meanwhile, Obama Closes The Grand Canyon; Won’t Let Arizona Reopen It With State Money [IJR]
“As the selective barricading of national parks and monuments continues, ‘due to the government shutdown,’ tourists are being turned away from the Grand Canyon, despite Arizona’s push to reopen it with state funds.”
30. Dems Reject Funding Measures They, Clinton Approved During Last Shutdown [Breitbart]
“As a result of these votes happening during the suspension calendar, a 2/3 majority was necessary for passage, but not enough Democrats voted for the measures. Republicans were shocked that a majority of House Democrats did not vote for the bills considering the history of the circumstances. Interestingly, Democrats in Congress and President Bill Clinton approved of similar interim funding measures during the last government shutdown…”
31. Senior Obama Official: ‘We Are Winning…It Doesn’t Really Matter To Us’ How Long The Shutdown Last [Via WSJ]
Said the unnamed official: “We are winning…It doesn’t really matter to us” how long the shutdown lasts “because what matters is the end result.”
32. Obama Cancels Asian Trip, Blames Government Shutdown [IJR]
Jay Carney said: “Due to the government shutdown, President Obama’s travel to Indonesia and Brunei has been cancelled. The president made this decision based on the difficulty in moving forward with foreign travel in the face of a shutdown, and his determination to continue pressing his case that Republicans should immediately allow a vote to reopen the government.”
33. Obamacare National Phone Number Easy To Remember: 1-800-F*CK-YO! [IJR]
No one knows if this was intentional or not, but it was too good to leave off the list.
34. WATCH: Obama’s Remarks About Shutdown That Spooked Wall Street on Thursday [Via The Hill]
When asked during a CNBC interview if markets were right to remain relatively calm during the debt limit, the president said, “No.” He said, “I think this time’s different. I think they should be concerned,” adding that the crisis was being driven by Republicans who were “willing potentially to default on U.S. government obligations.”
35. Outrageous: Charity Funded, 24 Hour-a-Day, Open Air WWII Museum Held Hostage by Government Shutdown [IJR]
The National Park Service dispatched security teams at taxpayer’s expense on Wednesday to barricade a charity funded, 24 hour-a-day, open-air WWII memorial to obstruct veterans’ visitation during the partial “government shutdown.”
36. Dan Pfeiffer, Top Adviser to President Obama, on GOP terrorists [IJR]
“The Republicans — we are for cutting spending. We’re for reforming our tax code. We’re for reforming our entitlements. What we’re not for is negotiating with people with a bomb strapped to their chest. We’re not going to do that.”
37. Obama Equates Opposition to Debt Limit to “Blowing Up the Economy” [IJR]
“We’re not going to do this under the threat of blowing up the entire economy. I will not negotiate over Congress’ responsibility to pay the bills that have already been racked up. Voting for the Treasury to pay America’s bills is not a concession to me. That’s not doing me a favor, that’s simply carrying out the solemn responsibilities that come with holding office.” [See also: Obama's quotes against raising the debt limit.]
38. Obama: SCOTUS ‘Made A Mistake’ In Voting Rights Act Ruling [IJR]
“The Supreme Court struck down a key provision of the 1965 Voting Act… Obama weighed in: The Supreme Court ‘made a mistake.’ Not, ‘I disagree with the decision,’ or, ‘We’ll just have to agree to disagree.’ But a mistake. Call me picky, but a guy who is never wrong – never at fault for anything – calling out the Supreme Court (again) for making a ‘mistake’ – an error in judgement, if you will – comes across as a tad bit arrogant – not to mention, hypocritical – in my book.” (Mike Miller)
39. Michelle Obama Compares Living in the White House to Being in a Really Nice Prison [IJR]
First Lady Michelle Obama likened living in the White House to being in a “really nice prison.” While she may suffer from a lack of privacy, her comment was made in Tanzania, where being imprisoned is nothing like taking $100 million jaunts around the globe.
40. Obama, in South Africa, Tells U.S. Media to ‘Behave’ [Via Breitbart]
“Americans, behave yourselves,” President Obama said during a joint press conference with South African President Jacob Zuma on Saturday. Obama complained – as he has in the past – that “my press” tries to squeeze “three or four or five questions in there,” while complimenting Zuma on his more obedient media.
41. [Multi-Millionaire] Obama’s Speech on Inequality[Huffington Post]
“Together, we forged a New Deal, declared a War on Poverty in a great society. We built a ladder of opportunity to climb, and stretched out a safety net beneath so that if we fell, it wouldn’t be too far, and we could bounce back. And as a result, America built the largest middle class the world has ever known. And for the three decades after World War II, it was the engine of our prosperity.”
Sorry, the welfare state that the Democrat Party manufactured is predicated on the middle class that the free market economy built. And despite the back-slapping of Democrat politicians who did nothing to create America’s wealth, our unfunded liabilities are growing at a clip that is utterly unsustainable and our productivity is flagging.
42. White House: We’re Wasting Time Meeting the GOP, and It’s Only So the Media Can See Us [IJR]
“This is a joke. We’re wasting the president’s time and ours,” complained a senior White House official who was promised anonymity so he could speak frankly. “I hope you all (in the media) are happy because we’re doing it for you.”
43. Chairman Camp: IRS ‘Arrogance’ Came Across ‘In Bright Colors’ [Via Fox News]
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp, frustrated by outgoing IRS acting commissioner Steven Miller’s testimony, said the “arrogance” of the IRS came across loud and clear. Miller was defiant throughout much of his testimony Friday, as he called the IRS actions related to targeting the Tea Party and other groups “horrible customer service,” but said did not think it was illegal that there was a list of predetermined criteria IRS employees used to identify conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status.
44. Tea Party Targeter Lois Lerner Retires From IRS; Rewarded 50k Pension [Via Daily Mail]
“Lois Lerner, the IRS official who presided over a partisan program that targeted conservative organizations because of their political beliefs, will retire… with a full pension package… Lerner, 62, has been a federal government employee since at least 1981, making her eligible for the most robust retirement package the federal government offers career employees.”
45. IRS Supervisor Holly Paz: ‘We Didn’t Know Tea Party was Conservative’ [Via AP]
“Paz said agents in Cincinnati openly talked about handling “tea party” cases, but she thought the term was merely shorthand for all applications from groups that were politically active — conservative and liberal.” Ummm… riiiiiggght.
46. Beam Me Up, IRS: ‘Star Trek’ & Gilligan’s Island Training Films Cost Us $60,000 (filmed in 2010, discovered in June 2013) [AP Via Washington Examiner]
Nobody’s going to win an Emmy for a parody of the TV show “Star Trek” filmed by Internal Revenue Service employees at an agency studio in Maryland. Instead, the IRS got a rebuke from Congress for wasting taxpayer dollars. The agency says the video, along with a training video that parodied the TV show ‘Gilligan’s Island,’ cost about $60,000. The ‘Star Trek’ video accounted for most of the money, the agency said.
46. Fireworks! IRS Tax Division Head During Political Scandal Pleads Fifth, Issa will Recall [Via Politico]
“Lois Lerner might win the legal battle but she’s prolonging the political war. Instead of simply taking the scorn of lawmakers for a day, repeatedly invoking the Fifth Amendment to avoid self-incrimination, and then moving on, she chose defiance.”
47. Former IRS Chief Steven Miller Admits Planting Question That Outed Scandal [Via The Blaze]
“I will take responsibility for that,” Miller said in response to a question from Republican Senator Chuck Grassley. “The thought was to – now that we had the TIGTA [Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration] report, you had all the facts. We had our response.”
48. IRS Apologizes for Targeting Tea Party Groups [AP]
“The Internal Revenue Service apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was ‘inappropriate’ targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status.” As Jon Stewart noted – try apologizing for late or unpaid taxes after April 15th, see what happens.
49. Wait, What? Obama Says ‘MY’ Website’s Not Working? [IJR]
In Friday’s [CNN] interview, Obama said he was looking for answers as to why the rollout failed so spectacularly. “Obviously my most recent concern has been that MY website’s not working. We’re evaluating why it is exactly that I didn’t know soon enough that it wasn’t going to work the way it needed to. But my priority now has been to just make sure that it works.”
50. Obama Quote Of The Day: ‘Most Folks Will Be Better Off; They Don’t Necessarily Know It Right Now’ [IJR]
“Keep in mind that most of the folks who are going to who got these cancellation letters, they’ll be able to get better care at the same cost or cheaper in these new marketplaces because they’ll have more choice, they’ll have more competition… o, the majority of folks will end up being better off, of course, because the website’s not working right. They don’t necessarily know it right [now].”
51. Biden: Opposition To ObamaCare Is ‘Social Recidivism,’ ‘Linked To Another Era’ [Via Politico]
”This race has captured the attention of the entire nation,” Biden said. “Not just because it’s a … race in a bellwether state that has become the face of progress in this country. But because it’s the first major race between the forces and faces of the new Republican tea party — a tea party whose social recidivism is only outgunned by its hostility to science and technology and innovation and scholarship.” Well, about that…
When asked directly if Obama misled the public, Carney said: “No. The president was clear about a basic fact: If you had insurance that you liked on the individual market and you wanted to keep that insurance through 2010, ’11, ’12, ’13, and in perpetuity if you wanted it and it was available, you could. You were grandfathered in.”
53. Shock: Sebelius Won’t Be Fired Over Catastrophic ObamaCare Rollout [IJR]
“Former Obama White House press secretary Robert Gibbs called the Healthcare.gov launch ‘excruciatingly embarrassing.‘ Gibbs said that people involved with the ACA implementation should be fired and several Democrats said the debacle should lead to Sebelius’ resignation.”
54. Canadian Company Receives Only Bid for ObamaCare Website [Via Washington Examiner]
“Federal officials considered only one firm to design the Obamacare health insurance exchange website that has performed abysmally since its Oct. 1 debut. Rather than open the contracting process to a competitive public solicitation with multiple bidders, officials in [DHS]… accepted a sole bidder, CGI Federal, the U.S. subsidiary of a Canadian company with an uneven record of IT pricing and contract performance.”
55. Sebelius: Obamacare Glitches are a ‘Great Problem to Have’
“So, we have had a few slowdowns, a few glitches, but it’s sort of a great problem to have. It’s based on the fact that the volume has been so high and the interest is so high. We’re working quickly to fix that.”
56. White House: ObamaCare Out-Of-Pocket Caps Delayed Until 2015 [IJR]
“As reported by Forbes, first, there was the delay of the Medicare cuts until after the election… Now comes word that another costly provision of the health law – its caps on out-of-pocket insurance costs – will be delayed for one more year.”
57. Delay of ObamaCare’s Employer Mandate Draws Legal Challenge [The Hill]
“The Obama administration broke the law when officials decided to delay a crucial provision of the president’s signature healthcare law, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court… The administration’s surprise move in July to postpone the regulations until the following January violate the Administrative Procedure Act and exceed President Obama’s authority, the lawsuit alleges.”
58. Obama Scolds ‘Incorrigible’ NBCer Chuck Todd for Asking Too Many Questions About Mideast Failures [Newsbusters]
“During a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday, President Obama lectured NBC chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd for asking too many questions: “Chuck, how many do you got? Do you guys do this in the Israeli press? You say you get one question and then you add like five?…You see how the young lady from Channel One, she had one question, she was very well behaved, Chuck?…I mean, you’re just incorrigible.”
59. Sebelius Hides Behind Red Tape, Refuses To Help Dying Child
“Sebelius has the authority to make an exception and allow Sarah to be put on the transplant list. Exceptions to federal regulations are made by HHS every day, including allowing the use of non-FDA approved drugs to treat cancer or the use of new technical equipment for surgical therapies. Still, she would not budge. ‘Forty people in your home state are waiting for a lung,’ she countered.”
60. Obama Calls for ‘Smarter’ Government in State of the Union [LA Times]
Pretty bold for the head of a federal government who has presided over the weakest recovery in the last 60 years, and has presided over numerous foreign policy debacles.
61. Obama: No More Debate, Pass Immigration Reform Now [NBC Latino]
“Action must follow – we can’t allow immigration reform to get bogged down in an endless debate. I will send my bill so they vote on it right away,” Obama said to a packed audience at Del Sol High School in Las Vegas, Nevada.
62. Obama’s “Recess Appointments” are Ruled Illegal [Via Forbes.com]
“In January, the D.C. Circuit held the NLRB appointments to be unconstitutional, which ruling White House spokesman Jay Carney said only applied to ‘one court, one case, one company.'”
63. White House Continues Making Its Own Laws, Announces Waivers for Those Dropped by Insurance Plans [IJR]
“The Obama administration will not require the millions of Americans who received health-insurance plan cancellation notices to purchase a new policy next year. They’re granting those consumers an exemption from the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate, a Department of Heath and Human Services spokeswoman confirmed.”
[Note: This is an ironic headline. In Western Civilization going back even before the Glorious Revolution, the executive and legislative authorities have been vested in different bodies.]
64. Unions Get Big ObamaCare Christmas Present As Other Self-Insured Groups Get Scrooged [Forbes.com]
“In addition to delaying and rewriting key ACA provisions and carving out a special subsidy for members of Congress, Obama’s latest constitutional violation will exempt unions from a fee the law imposes upon all large group health plans.”
65. Pentagon Withholding Death Benefits for Fallen Soldiers’ Families [Breitbart.com]
“With Obama’s recent startling admission that he won’t approve any measures to partially restore suspended government payments for purely political reasons, that puts the blame for this outrage squarely on his shoulders.” “Unfortunately, as a result of the shutdown, we do not have the legal authority to make death gratuity payments at this time,” said Lt. Cmdr. Nate Christensen, a Defense Department spokesman. “However, we are keeping a close eye on those survivors who have lost loved ones serving in the Department of Defense.”
66. 4 Reasons Obama’s Weekly Address is Wrong That Republicans Were Holding the Economy Back [IJR]
This is what President Obama said in his weekly address: … after a year of showdowns and obstruction that only held back our economy, we’ve been able to break the logjam a bit over the last few weeks. It’s a hopeful sign that we can end the cycle of short-sighted, crisis-driven decision-making and actually work together to get things done.”
67. Obama administration hands out staged photos and is limiting reporter access [Washington Times]
“Tensions between the Obama administration and the White House press corps boiled over Thursday amid a lack of access to the president and the use of government photographers as substitutes for independent journalists. Nearly 40 news outlets and organizations issued a formal protest and sent a letter to White House press secretary Jay Carney, blasting the administration for not living up to its oft-repeated pledge to be the most transparent in history.”
68. Obama Threatens GOP: ‘Price To Pay When You Don’t Act In The Best Interests Of The American People’ [IJR]
Consider the following statement Obama made at a fundraiser in Florida Friday, which suggests that this president at times appears to have an arm’s-length relationship with reality. “The only way we can continue to place pressure to get that bill done is by making sure that the other side — or at least that small faction on the other side — understands there’s a price to pay when you don’t act on the basis of the interests of the American people. And so that’s something that I hope we can still get done by the end of this year.”
69. Why Obama’s Remarks Against Bloggers Should Not Be Taken Lightly [Mediaite]
“All of us need to stop focusing on the lobbyists, and the bloggers, and the talking heads on radio, and the professional activists [ahem] who profit from conflict, and focus on what the majority of Americans sent us here to do,” Obama continued.
70. Obama Declares a War on Coal [Fox News]
“So much for the denials. An administration that throughout its 2012 election campaign denied it was waging a War on Coal has now come out and publicly declared its intention to shut down coal-fired power plants – putting hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work and sending electricity prices skyrocketing. This is not what the American people voted for.”
71. As White House Closed for Visitors, Biden & Obamas Do Vaykay a Month [IJR Via Weekly Standard]
“Of course, there’s no reason to begrudge the first family for enjoying a good vacation. But at a time when the White House is closed to the public, it all might seem a little odd.” [Weekly Standard]
72. Barack Obama is political king of the fake Twitter followers, with more than 19.5 MILLION online fans who don’t really exist [DailyMail]
“Among influential U.S. political tweeters, President Barack Obama is the undisputed king of the fake followers. A MailOnline analysis ranks his sizable Twitter following as the most deceptive total among the 21 most influential accounts run by American politicians: More than 19.5 million of his 36.9 million Twitter followers are accounts that don’t correspond to real people.”
73. Get Ready for Act II: Barack Obama Converts Campaign Arm Into Political Attack Machine
“In order to assist him in his twisted and unprecedented campaign to savage his political enemies at all costs, essentially to “Romney” any and all adversaries who dare stand up against him, the president has converted his campaign arm Organizing for America into the political machine Organizing for Action. This highly funded, politically organized and partisan ‘non-profit’ will be unleashed on whomever falls on the president’s enemies list — such as the NRA.”
74. White House Foot-Stomping: Cancels Tours Due to ‘Sequester’ [IJR]
“In an inexplicable show of petulance, the White House has shuttered its doors — supposedly due to the “sequester.” This is becoming the worst drama since “The Twilight Saga: New Moon.” Speaking of metrosexual vampires, the government seriously needs to cut back on spending. The $85 billion in total sequestration cuts comes out of a budget of $3,600 billion…”
75. While Treasury Says Government Out of Funds, Obama Cuts Check to Palestinians for $500 Million [IJR via IBD]
“IBD had an editorial on the matter: Circumventing Congress and with no fanfare, President Obama last week issued an executive order enabling him to send an additional $500 million directly to the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank…” [IBD]
76. Obama Pushes Voter ID Program – In Kenya! [IJR]
“As the Obamas continue their
vacation official visit to Africa, the White House today released a Fact Sheet detailing the prez’s support for the region. One of the first items highlighted? A voter ID law. In Kenya. Wait – WHAT???”
77. Benghazi Cover Up? IRS Controversy? Obama To Attend Three Fundraisers This Week [IJR]
As the New York Post reported previously, one of the events tonight will be at the home of Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. “He won a second term, but Barack Obama isn’t done fund-raising. The president will appear at a cozy reception for fewer than 65 guests with tickets priced at $32,400 per couple at the Manhattan home of movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and his designer wife Georgina Chapman on May 13, Page Six has exclusively learned,” reports the Post.
78. Forget Scandals & Sequester, IRS Will Pay $70 Million in Employee Bonuses [IJR]
“After spending as much as $50 million shooting ridiculous Star Trek spoofs and partying like it ain’t nobody’s business at Vegas conferences, the IRS is going to up the ante: $70 million for new employee bling.”
79. Obama Eliminates Breakfast for US Troops in Afghanistan, Stuffs Own Face [Frontpage]
“Exit questions. How many cooked breakfasts for soldiers would Obama’s 20 million dollar Hawaii vacations and the $1.4 billion that his clan’s non-stop partying buy? While American soldiers go hungry, here is what Obama and his corrupt cronies had for their inaugural lunch.”
80. Michelle Obama to Special Guests at Currently Closed White House: ‘This is Your House, Too’… [IJR]
“I want to make sure that you all know how welcome you are here in this house, because the truth is we do these things — we make sure that we do these workshops so that you all know that this is your house, too,” Michelle Obama told the guests. “So we want you to make yourselves at home. We want you to feel good and relaxed and learn and ask questions, okay?”
81. Team Obama’s Shutdown Fever Continues: Retirees Forced From Lake Mead Homes
“KTNV in Nevada is reporting that Lake Mead homeowners are being forced from their homes until the government shutdown ends. How can Team Obama get away with this, you ask? The homes sit on federal land.”
82. White House On Family Obama’s $100 Million Africa Trip: ‘Great Bang For Our Buck’
“From the You Can’t Make This Stuff Up department: Family Obama’s trip to Africa this month will cost taxpayers as much as $100 million. And how does the White House describe it? “A great bang for our buck.”
83. Congrats On Your 150th Round of Golf, Mr. President! [IJR]
“A heartfelt “Congrats!” goes out to Barack Obama, who played his 150th round of golf as President of the United States Saturday. The dedication he has demonstrated to the game – despite the distractions of the presidency – is truly remarkable.”
84. Obama Jokes About ‘House of Cards’ [The Hill]
President Obama joked Tuesday that he wished things were as “ruthlessly efficient” in Washington as they are in the Netflix original series “House of Cards.”… “It’s true. I was looking at Kevin Spacey, I was thinking man, this guy’s getting a lot of stuff done,” Obama quipped. [The Hill]
85. Obama’s controversial federal appointments will run roughshod over GOP Senate, because of Democrats’ unprecedented “nuclear option” [Via WaPo]
“Senate Democrats took the dramatic step Thursday of eliminating filibusters for most nominations by presidents, a power play they said was necessary to fix a broken system but one that Republicans said will only rupture it further.” [WaPo]
“Desperation fuels arrogance as, barely 200 days into the 1,462 days of his [Obama's] second term, his pantry of excuses for failure is bare, his domestic agenda is nonexistent and his foreign policy of empty rhetorical deadlines and red lines is floundering. And at last week’s news conference he offered inconvenience as a justification for illegality.” [Newsmax]
87. Carney: Obama Thinks IRS Targeting, Benghazi ‘Phony Scandals’ [BreitbartTV]
88. White House explains why Obama didn’t say “under God” in Gettysburg Address [CBS]
White House spokesman Jay Carney on Tuesday gave a simple explanation for the reading. “He read the version of the address that Ken Burns provided,” he said, noting that Burns is a “noted Civil War scholar.” [CBS] But Obama isn’t a scholar and didn’t know Lincoln added it?
89. Obama Declines Invitation to 150th anniversary of Gettysburg Address [UPI]
90. After Obama Skips Church This Christmas, How Does His Churchgoing Compare with Bush? [IJR Via NYT]
“Mr. Obama has gone to church 18 times during his six years in the White House, according to Mark Knoller of CBS News, an unofficial White House historian, while his predecessor, Mr. Bush, attended 120 times during his eight years in office.”
91. Obama: If You’re Losing Your ‘Substandard’ Health Plan, ‘Just Shop Around on the New Marketplace’ [Mediaite]
“On Wednesday, President Barack Obama held a rally in Massachusetts in support of the Affordable Care Act where he addressed the crisis surrounding the millions of people who are learning they are losing their health care plans. Obama said that this was a consequence of the regulations in the ACA that make some plans more comprehensive. He advised those losing their plans to “just shop around on the new marketplace.”
“The Obama administration is also extending coverage under the health-care law’s state high-risk pool, which currently covers over 84,000 people with preexisting conditions. That coverage was initially slated to end Dec. 31, but will now run through the end of January to give enrollees more time to transition into health-care law plans.” [WaPo]
93. Barack Obama Laughs Off Low Poll Numbers, Says Re-Elected in Part Because He’s Trustworthy [IJR]
“I got re-elected in part because people did think I was trustworthy and they knew I was working on their behalf,” Obama said. “Very rarely [do] the good things that happen get the same attention as the things that aren’t working so well.”
94. ‘Nakedly Political': Dems Delay Next Year’s Obamacare Enrollment Dates Until After 2014 Election [IJR]
“In a strategy to soften the blow of the public’s disapproval of the Affordable Care Act and Congressional Democrats, the Obama administration has bumped back next year’s Obamacare enrollment period to begin November 15, 2014, more than a week after the mid-term elections.”
95. Obama flubs during health care conference call with community organizers, claims ‘more than 100 MILLION Americans’ have enrolled [Daily Mail]
“President Barack Obama told a conference-call audience of progressive volunteers on Monday evening that ‘more than 100 million Americans’ – in a nation of less than 314 million – have successfully signed up for health insurance via the Affordable Care Act.”
96. Obama Calls Out Rush Limbaugh and Fox News for Creating a Toxic Partisan Environment [PoliticsUSA]
“In an interview with The New Republic, Obama brought up the role of right wing media in killing bipartisanship: ‘One of the biggest factors is going to be how the media shapes debates. If a Republican member of Congress is not punished on Fox News or by Rush Limbaugh for working with a Democrat on a bill of common interest, then you’ll see more of them doing it.'”
97. WH: Yeah, about those 7 million people we needed to register for Obamacare… [Hot Air]
“Dan Pfeiffer, one of President Obama’s top advisers, played down the initial estimation that 7 million people would need to enroll in Obamacare exchanges in order for the program to succeed. He said the White House wasn’t going off of that figure offered by the Congressional Budget Office, but rather just try to ‘as many people done as possible.'” [Hot Air]
98. Obama blasts GOP ‘irresponsibility’ on budget, debt ceiling [The Hill]
President Obama accused Republicans of “the height of irresponsibility” for an “unwillingness to compromise” over the budget in pointed remarks marking the fifth anniversary of the start of the financial crisis. “I cannot remember a time when one faction of one party promises economic chaos if it can’t get 100 percent of what it wants,” Obama said. “That’s never happened before.” [The Hill]
99. Obama wants new approach after shutdown [CNN]
“In a tough and somber statement, the President challenged the Republican right to drop its anti-government ideology and change how business gets done in Washington. The standoff ‘inflicted completely unnecessary damage (to) our economy’ by slowing growth and increasing borrowing costs, Obama said, declaring that ‘there are no winners here.'” [CNN]
100. Obama Declares Health Care Law is Working [AP]
“The website is working for the vast majority of users… The bottom line is that this law is working and will work into the future.” As of January 1st, there were 2.6 million more health insurance cancellations than sign-ups through ObamaCare.
Merriam-Webster defines arrogance as, “an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptous claims or assumptions.”
Democratic Rep. Dennis Cardoza described Obama as “arrogant” with a demeanor that “alienated many potential allies.” Rupert Murdoch relates a story where New York’s left-leaning mayor Michael Bloomberg called Obama the “most arrogant” man he’d ever met. Washington Post editorialist Charles Krauthammer has criticized the president for his “incredible arrogance.” The Telegraph’s Nile Gardiner dubbed Obama “the most arrogant US president in decades.”
Although describing President Obama as “arrogant” is a subjective process, there are more than enough reasons to believe that Barack Obama believes himself to be above the nation’s laws and above the people he is bound to serve.
2013 will become known in the historical annals as the year that “hope and change” went to die. Even loyal Democrat spokesperson Barbara Walters was forced to confess, five years after every American with commonsense knew it, that Obama is not the Messiah. Nonetheless, President Obama carries on like he is God’s gift to humanity, displaying an otheworldly arrogance, despite his demonstrable incompetence.
Follow Kyle Becker on Twitter @kylenbecker