Hillary Clinton: Israel Lacks Empathy & Generosity Toward Palestinians
Kyle Becker | On 03, Dec 2012
What is it with liberals and Israel? We are talking about a stretch of sand in the middle of a scorching desert that is, as Dennis Miller once put it, like “the size of a matchbox in a football field.” Israel is a tiny Jewish state surrounded on all sides by Islamists, but it’s somehow the Zionists’ fault that it is not obliterated? And the Jews are supposed to be generous and empathetic to those who would destroy Israel, on top of it all?
According to top diplomat Hillary Clinton, that makes a lot of sense. Here is what the Secretary of State had to say:
So, look, I’m not making excuses for the missed opportunities of the Israelis, or the lack of generosity, the lack of empathy that I think goes hand-in-hand with the suspicion. So, yes, there is more that the Israelis need to do to really demonstrate that they do understand the pain of an oppressed people in their minds, and they want to figure out, within the bounds of security and a Jewish democratic state, what can be accomplished.
It’s daunting to wade into the historical backstory of Israel, but let’s just be clear that the territory was administered by Britain before Israel was formed by UN vote in 1947. Most of the territory controlled by the British became Transjordan and then Jordan, Israel becoming a minority share of the total territory.
So let’s stop acting like Israel is the problem, and have some ‘tolerance’ for the Jewish state by calling out the actually intolerant terrorist groups that are attacking it constantly. For some context, let’s hit a few great points brought up by Ben Shapiro of Breitbart (cited word-for-word):
- Israel has handed over broad swaths of territory to the ‘dispossessed’ Palestinians (a huge percentage of whom are Egyptian, Syrian, and Jordanian, or the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of those who left Israel in 1948 and were purposefully not absorbed by the Arab world).
- Israel has legitimized terrorists like Yassar Arafat in a desperate attempt to broker peace.
- Israel has sacrificed its own security for twenty years attempting to come to some sort of solution.
- Israel has accepted the threat of rockets hitting its major cities.
- Israel has done the job of the anti-Semitic Palestinians by forcibly removing Jews from their homes in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, making those territories Judenrein.
- There is no occupation of the Gaza Strip – and it is now the dominion of Hamas.
- Israel has propped up the Palestinian Authority with weapons and cash and supplies – only to see the Palestinian Authority continue to back terrorism and indoctrination of children in anti-Semitism.
The Democrat Party always postures like it is for the little guy — unless that little guy is a miniscule Jewish democracy in the Middle East. Maybe it’s time that ethnic groups in the United States stop unquestioningly supporting a party that scapegoats Jews for the Middle East’s problems.